Are your windows old and in need of replacing?
Don’t put it off any longer than you absolutely have to. The damage you can’t see will far exceed what you can see.
Let’s look at the most common problems and solutions…
- Newer windows? Make sure air is allowed to circulate either passively or mechanically throughout the entire house. Keeping doors closed to bedrooms could cause the air to become cold and moist enough to condense on windows.
- Open blinds and curtains
- Crack a window (an easy approach that may save you more than the extra cost on your heating bill)
- Run your ceiling fans
- Use kitchen and bath exhaust fans (run bathroom fans for at least 15 minutes after every shower or bath)
- Ensure your dryer is vented properly to the outside of your home
- Consider installing a Heat Recovery Ventilator (HVR). Contact a HVAC professional to discuss this option.
Photo credit: National Post